SSCG Annual General Meeting 2020
16th July @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
The AGM will go ahead on July 16th 2020 outdoors at Shadow Wood (Os uk explorer map gr 09/10 32/31. RH149BG),
7-7.30 arrivals (it takes a while to find the right spot and get set up). Hope to finish about 9-10pm
While all members will be welcome but…..IF YOU HAVE THE SLIGHTEST DOUBT PUT YOUR PERSONAL SAFETY FIRST.
We are advising members to:
– Bring their own chair
– Bring their own refreshments, cutlery, crockery, glass, mug etc
– Bring their own copies of any handouts sent to you prior to the event as copies will not be available at the time
– Come with suitable PPE for yourself
– Gentlemen should water the trees rather than use the static facilities
– Hand sanitiser will be in plentiful supply, but feel free to bring your own if you wish
– Bring an umbrella if it looks like rain…some shelter might be available but cannot be guaranteed for everyone
– Head-torch might be advisable
At this point the agenda is open, so all members can suggest items for discussion. Please send them to email@example.com
The agenda as it stands is as follows:
1 Apologies for absence
2 Chairman’s Report
3 Treasurer’s Report
4 Constitution – proposed changes (if anyone needs clarification as to why these changes are being proposed, feel free to get in touch with me…)
- The Group Committee can hold meetings remotely (online) where meeting in person is not possible or advisable. Any matters or actions voted upon shall be subject to the same rules as meetings in person.
- Member’s meetings shall allow member’s views to be expressed and votes to be cast by proxy where a member is unable to attend in person and a proxy is advised to the Group Secretary in writing 1 week in advance of the meeting.
- The Committee shall be able to request an ‘extraordinary discretion’ clause to be invoked by simple majority vote of the Group members attending a member’s meeting where representing the Group’s interests and promoting the Group’s Aims and Objectives are prejudiced by circumstances beyond the Group’s control.
- The ‘extraordinary discretion’ clause is subject to revocation by majority vote at any members meeting and must be subject to annual review to continue.
8 Election of Committee members
If you have specific questions about arrangements please contact me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Simply hitting ‘Reply’ to this mail will send your message to everybody in the group !
A finalised agenda will be distributed to all members 2 weeks before the AGM.
None of this is ideal but it is the best we can do given the situation.