(News from the Grown in Britain website)
A week of events from 12th -18th October 2020 including the Forestry conference on the 14th.
This year’s event will focus on three areas, Good for Business, Good for the Planet and Good for the Future and will be opened with a Keynote Address from Sir William Worsley, Forestry Commission Chair. The speakers will discuss a range of topics highlighting the benefits of forestry, not only from a business and conservation perspective but also for the future of mankind.
You will hear from the experts about:
– The latest Government land use policy position
– Current and future timber markets;
– The future place for rewilding in the landscape;
– Why new woodlands must have the highest of design
and maintenance standards; and
– New incentives for landowners and managers.
Our speakers include Sir William Worsley, Chair of the Forestry Commission, Mark Bridgeman, CLA President, and Sir Charles Burrell, Owner of the Knepp Estate.